Monday, April 8, 2013

The Loveliest Movie Scenes

Here's a list of some of my favorite movie scenes.
All of these clips make me happy for some reason or another so I thought I'd share them with you. Because sharing is caring. 

1) These scenes (they count as one right? It's like buy one get one free) are my favorite out of It's A Wonderful Life (which may be one of my favorite movies).
It somehow manages to be hilarious and romantic all at the same time. I want to dance with someone into a pool and then have them ask me if I want the moon. (There actually was a girl who got the moon. She bullied a boy she was dating to steal some moon dust from NASA where he was working. Then she swallowed it. True story.)
The robe part not so much. I feel like that might be a little awkward. Anyway, I'll stop talking so you can actually watch the thing.



                                                                                                 


2) I kind of wanted to include this whole movie because basically every second is pure, insane genius but I decided to limit myself. Why do I love this?
1-He has a kilted bowties and bowties are cool. 
2-Because of Eunice (Eunice? There's a person named Eunice?)
3-Because of the witty banter. The two main characters are amazing at it.
4-Because of the overall hilarity of the whole thing.




3) I love this movie (Fried Green Tomatoes). It makes me cry every time I watch it. Not that that's the reason I love it. But I think really good movies make you cry and laugh. This is the laughing part. 






4) This is another cry and laugh movie. What's more it had my sister doing both within the first five minutes with this scene. It's sweet, charming, and I just love Up! I'm planning on being Ellie next Halloween with the badge, ballon and adventure book. But here's possibly the best part of the movie.




 5) I took a bit of a break after that one and thought about what other movie should be in my list. My subconscious started chanting Cold Comfort Farm. No, really it did. I'm a little hesitant about this because let me tell you something: Cold Comfort Farm is really weird. You either really like it or it may  creep you out. I managed to find a compilation of those scenes. "I'd take her too but she's gloomy." Is my mom's favorite line.




6) If you haven't seen Rear Window then you won't get why this clip so, so agghhh. This is one of my dad's favorite movies. It's a Hitchcock but not the caught-in-the-shower-by-a-psycho-killer one. It's stars Jimmy Stewart as a injured journalist recovering in an average apartment building where he snoops on his neighbors. Then, of course, one of his neighbors kills his wife. The movie is Jimmy Stewart trying to convince people that this man has murdered his wife. He's answering a call from his detective friend when the line goes silent and he realizes it's the guy. The thing is, he's in a wheelchair so he can't really go anywhere. He has to wait for him. Meanwhile you die of suspense.




7) The Emporer's New Groove is one of my favorite movies. It makes me laugh in clever ways. Like the random trampoline that just happens to be there conveniently for the sake of the plot. I love that they don't try to hide the plot device. At all. And the tiny, purty kitty. Ha! 




8) We watched this at my grandma and grandpa's house. My mom and grandma really liked it which surprised me a little bit-but I like it too. 



P.S. Nachoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment